Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Hello All,

Although I don't generally discuss my sales/download figures openly, for my recent free promotion on Smashwords (and associated price matches in Amazon) I can say that compared to another free promotion last October (over a comparable period of time) I noticed the following increases in downloads:

Smashwords - An increase of 75% (*1.75)
Amazon.com - An increase of 229% (*3.29)
Amazon.co.uk - An increase of  140% (*2.4)
Amazon.ca & .com.au - Unknown but massively more, perhaps %400

Obviously I am very excited about this and would attribute this to the following (in order of perceived importance):

1) A new cover - this is something everybody bangs on about, but it clearly does matter. My new cover (eBook & Paperback front cover) cost me £40 ($66) from The Cover Collection. So do consider investing a small fee in this service.

2) A few new 5 star reviews - my average score is now 4.5/5 on Amazon and 5/5 on Smashreads.

3) An improvement in my social media skills, i.e. increased Facebook followers, membership of reader/author/retweet FB groups, automated timed tweeting through Hootsuite etc.

4) A stronger presence on forums such as Goodreads.

Once again, I would like to thank all those who contributed to these great figures and if anybody would like to share with me how you discovered The Star Agency and what persuaded you to download it, it would be great if you could either comment on this article or post a comment on my Facebook Page.

And as always, you can download my book for a bargain $0.99 from Amazon & Smashwords.

Thanks
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment